Thursday, March 26, 2009

Introducing a Rather Eclectic Blog

I was chatting with a friend a few minutes ago, and the topic of English spelling came up. I mentioned a story about two Latin roots, and their transformation into a group of English words that are so twisted together in spelling, meaning, and pronunciation that many of us native speakers have trouble with them, without even realizing it. She suggested that I write a book about some of my random knowledge, gleaned from hours of reading books, blogs, and Wikipedia articles late at night. I felt a blog would be a more appropriate format, noting that not many people want to read a book on such mixed topics as software development, plant taxonomy, etymology, and haptic communication. This blog will contain some of my ramblings on these, and other unrelated topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment