Thursday, April 8, 2010

New Idea

Well, this isn't going so well.

I'm really bad at this whole blog thing. The problem is, I can't think of anything to write. That's where you come in, dear readers. Name a topic. Give me something specific enough that I can write a fairly concise article, rather than a book. I'll do some half-hearted research and throw something together in far too short a time. Don't expect anything academic; I'll forget to cite a source or two, and it may or may not be because I just pulled something out of my ass. This may be because you picked some boring dry old bugger, and I need to add some drama to make things interesting, or it may be because I got lazy and didn't feel like doing any more research.

3 comments:

  1. hey Adam- i'm not a blogging queen by any measure but i have some tips.blogging isnt just about writing, or teaching its about showing and sharing. maybe u are thinking too hard about it. the good blogs are the ones where the person just writes and shows what they have a passion for. lots of piks always help keep things interesting. also, its supposed to be fun. if ur thinking about to much, the reader can usually tell. let it be a translation of the real u and ur thoughts. basically, the more i read and visit ur site the more i wana feel i get about u and watever it is ur talking about. not a research paper. So, ill give u a topic.lol. start with something u love and just snap some piks and let the words birth from the tips of ur fingers.its hard in the beginning to find ur niche or direction.took me a while, but i started gravitating towards food and certain subjects.thats wat i love so its what i post. also alot of blogging is about interaction. lots of comments on other blogs bring u lots of comments to urz, lots of tweeting etc.anways, hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, Adam, Mira is right! What's on your mind lately? And not just the facts, but what your FEELINGS are about those subjects. "Lately I've been thinking about Detroit. I love... I worry about... I hope for... I mourn..... I envision.... My dreams are ...." You get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an idea. Write about photography or architecture. I know you're interested in 'em. Or woodworking.

    ReplyDelete